Our offices will be closed Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day.

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


  • Can my passport be delivered to my P.O. Box?


  • How do I change my name on my U.S. Passport?

    For instructions on how to change your name on your passport, please visit the Change of Name webpage.

  • How many forms are there for passports?

    For a complete list of passport forms, visit the U.S. Department of State’s website.

  • Can I correct a mistake on my passport application?

    Cross through the incorrect information once and write correct information legibly, or complete a new application. Fillable applications are available on the U.S. Department of State’s website.

    White-out or corrective tape is not accepted by the U.S. Department of State on a passport application!

  • Can I use abbreviations for eye and hair color?

    No, applicants must spell out blue, black, brown, blond or bald.

  • Can I use my current married name rather than include names from previous marriages?

    No. A customer using a previous married surname must provide information regarding that marriage. Since the passport application form only has space to list the most recent marriage, the customer must provide a separate Previous Marriage Information Sheet with all ex-spouses’ names, dates and places of birth and reasons for termination of the marriages (typically death, divorce, or annulment).

  • Can I use my driver license as proof of ID?


  • Can I wear a hat or sunglasses on my head for my passport pictures?

    No headgear can be worn in passport pictures unless accompanied by a statement from the applicant that it is worn for religious reasons. Eye glasses and sunglasses cannot be worn for your passport photos.

  • How do I report my Passport as lost or stolen.?

    Please contact the U.S. Department of State at 877-487-2778 (TTY 888-874-7793) or by submitting a Form DS-64 Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport.  You may also report that passport lost or stolen on the U.S. Department of State’s website.

  • I found my original passport after I had a new one issued. What do I do with the old one?

    If you report a passport lost or stolen, it will be invalidated. Return it to the passport agency at the address located on the DS-64 on the U.S. Department of State’s website.

  • Can I renew my military passport if I am no longer in the military?

    No. A military and a tourist/business passport are two different types of passports.

  • Where do I apply for a no-fee Passport?

    The federal government only issues no-fee passports to individuals traveling abroad in connection with official employment. For more information, call 877-487-2778 or visit U.S. Department of State’s website.

  • Do I need my birth certificate to renew my passport?

    No. Your old passport, while expired, can still be used as proof of citizenship.

  • I need my passport in a hurry. Should I pay for expedited processing of my passport application?

    Regular passport processing can take 6-8 weeks.

    • If you are traveling within 14 calendar days, you must make an appointment at the nearest passport agency by calling the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778.
    • If you are traveling within 3-4 weeks, the Department of State strongly recommends that you request and pay for expedited service. For applicable fees, visit the Fee Schedule.
    • If you are traveling within 2-3 weeks, you must request and pay for expedited service plus two-way overnight delivery service. For applicable fees, visit the Fee Schedule.