Applicants Under the Age of 16

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To Apply

Photocopies and notarized copies are not accepted

  1. Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - certified U.S. birth certificate or previously issued passport (passport cannot be damaged)

  2. Evidence of Parental Relationship - certified U.S. birth certificate of minor (must list parent’s names)

  3. Photo Identification - Valid Driver’s License or current undamaged passport (if issued less than 15 years ago) copies of both the front and back of the parents ID must be submitted with the application. (copy fees apply)

  4. Parental Consent - Both parents/guardians must appear with the minor child or submit the Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent.

  5. Passport Photo - Must be color 2-inch x 2-inch passport photo

  6. Application Forms - DS-11 application form must be completed

  7. Passport Fees - Separate checks or money orders are required for each applicant. See Fees Schedule for current fees and accepted payments. There is a .15-cent photocopy fee per sheet for driver license and evidence of citizenship. 

Forms and additional information on can be found on the Department of State's website: