Couples wishing to get married may apply for their marriage license online or in the Clerk's Recording Office. The license is valid in any Florida County for 60 days. You can apply for a license or have the marriage ceremony performed in the office anytime Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Complete the marriage application online or in our office.
- Once the application is complete, both applicants will need to appear in person in our office for the issuance of the marriage license.
- You will need to bring:
- Federal or state identification card showing your name and date of birth, such as driver license or passport. Birth Certificates or green cards are not accepted.
- Social Security number
- Both parties must read the Family Law Handbook and sign an affidavit stating that it was read. The book is also available in Spanish.
- To Expedite waiting time in the office, you may apply online. The application is valid for 30 days. After 30 days applications are purged, and you would have to apply again online or in the office.
Waiting Period & Discounted License
There is a 3-day waiting period before Florida residents can use the marriage license to get married. The waiting period can be waived if both applicants have completed a counseling course with an approved Pre-Marital Course Provider. There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents, but if the couple has one Florida resident, the waiting period applies.
All area Marital Course Providers must be registered with the Clerk, for providers that wish to register with the Clerk, view Instructions on How to Register.
Copies and Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses
If your license was obtained in another county or state, you must search the records in that county or state.
For more information, please call 239-533-5007.