The marriage license is valid in any Florida County for 60 days.
Instructions to apply for Virtual Marriage License via Webex video chat and DocuSign, click here.
Instructions to apply in person:
- Complete the Marriage License Online Application.
- Both parties must read the Family Law Handbook. It is available in English and Spanish.
- Print and fill out (DO NOT sign) Statement of Compliance Form.
- Print and fill in (DO NOT sign) the Affirmation of Common Children Born in Florida if applicants have a minor child together that was born in the state of Florida.
- Both applicants will need to appear in person in our office for the issuance of the marriage license.
- You will need to bring:
- Photo identification showing your name and date of birth, such as a U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. State Identification Card, Military ID, Passport, Matricular ID Card, or U.S. Permanent Resident Card. Birth Certificates are not acceptable forms of ID.
- Social Security number
The Marriage License Online Application is valid for 30 days. After 30 days applications are purged, and you would have to apply again online.
Waiting Period & Discounted License
There is a 3-day waiting period before Florida residents can use the marriage license to get married. The waiting period can be waived if both applicants have completed a counseling course with an approved Pre-Marital Course Provider. There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents, but if the couple has one Florida resident, the waiting period applies.
All area Marital Course Providers must be registered with the Clerk, for providers that wish to register with the Clerk, view Instructions on How to Register.
Copies and Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses
If your license was obtained in another county or state, you must search the records in that county or state.
For more information, please call 239-533-5007.