|IMPORTANT NOTICE: Pursuant to House Bill 1419, the Clerk’s office will be part of a Pilot Program that requires customers recording deeds to provide a copy of a government-issued photo identification for all grantors and grantees listed on the deed. E-Recorded deeds are not impacted at this time.|
Ways to Record your documents:
- Fort Myers Location: 2115 Second Street
- Cape Coral Location: 1039 SE 9th Place
- You must provide a self addressed stamped envelope with your document to be recorded to Lee County Clerk of Courts, PO Box 2278, Fort Myers, FL 33902
- Please visit our Electronic Recording (eRecording) page to see if this option meets your Recording needs.
- You must put your document(s), payment, and a self addressed stamped envelope in a sealed envelope.
- Drop off the envelope in the drop box outside of our office in Fort Myers at 2115 Second Street or in Cape Coral at the Lee County Government Center at 1039 SE 9th Place.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not receive your recorded documents back without a self-addressed stamped envelope. Instead, we will hold your documents until a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided. Any recorded documents still being held in our office after 90-days will be destroyed.