Current Unclaimed Monies Lists:

What are Unclaimed Monies?

Outstanding checks that have not cleared the bank because they have been lost or destroyed may be reissued. Prior to reissuing a check, the Clerk’s office will verify if the funds have not been paid. There is a 30-day waiting period after a check has been issued to request a reissue. If the funds have been paid from the bank, they will not be reissued. Checks will only be reissued to the original owner of the funds.

Checks dated more than six months old are no longer payable. They may be reissued to the original owner of the funds. The most current lists of Stale Dated Checks are available on this page in the menu above.

If unclaimed monies have not been claimed for more than a year, they are submitted to the state in accordance with Florida Statutes 717, Disposition of Unclaimed Property. To request the funds from the State of Florida Department of Revenue’s Unclaimed Property division, visit

Request a Check be Reissued

You MUST provide the following documentation for verification to our office when filing your request. Failure to provide all required documentation will result in a denial of your request.


  • For Unclaimed Funds: Submit original, notarized Unclaimed Funds Claim Form (available in Related Forms)
  • For Cash Bond Redemption: Submit original, notarized Affidavit of Certification for Cash Bond Redemption (available in Related Forms)
  • Clear copy of a government issued ID card or driver's license
  • Verification of address, if mailing address is different from original mailing address or photo identification.
  • If you are not the owner of the funds, an original, notarized Power of Attorney is required for you to act on the behalf of the owner.


  • Original, notarized Unclaimed Funds Claim Form(available on this page in the menu to the right)
  • Copy of W-9 with Federal Identification Number and current business address
  • Original Letter of Authorization on company letterhead with the names of those with the authority to sign/claim on behalf of the business
  • Copy of government Issued ID card or driver's license of authorized claimant
  • If your company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement
  • If your company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution

Submit by mail or in person:

If submitting in person, visit our office:

Lee County Clerk of the Court & Comptroller
2115 Second Street
Finance Department, 3rd Floor
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday

If mailing your claim, forms should be mailed to:

Lee County Clerk of the Court & Comptroller
Attn: Unclaimed Money
P.O. Box 2396
Fort Myers, FL 33902-2396

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer