The Clerk’s office is often alerted by concerned citizens of consumer scams, frauds and unethical practices.
Please remember that the Clerk's office will never contact you by phone or email to ask you to send money or provide your personal information.
If you receive a scam email, do not open any attachments. If you receive a phone call write down as much information as you can about the call and provide it to the Clerk's office and Sheriff's Office.
- Clerk's office: 239-533-2766 or email@example.com
- Lee County Sheriff's Fraud line: 239-258-3292
Below are some of the more frequent scams as reported on the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Fraud Alerts; FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center; Florida Division of Consumer Services; Federal Trade Commission Scam Alerts; and the Lee County Clerk of Courts
- MISSED JURY DUTY SCAM
- MISSED COURT APPEARANCE
- OUTSTANDING BENCH WARRANT OR CASE NUMBER
- MISLEADING DEED SOLICITATION
- UNCLAIMED PROBATE MONEY
- REVIEW YOUR PROPERTY RECORDS EACH YEAR
- TAX RETURN FRAUD
- IRS FRAUD ALERT
- DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY SCAM
- COUNTERFEIT OR FAKE CLERK OF COURTS CHECKS
- THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH
- LOTTERY/SWEEPSTAKES SCAM
- EXTORTION EMAIL
- LOAN SCAM
- DHSMV TRAFFIC CITATION SCAM
- FLORIDAPORTAL.ORG FAKE WEBSITE ALERT
- SHERIFF IMPERSONATION JURY SCAM
- BOND REFUND SCAM