Lee County voters elected Linda to serve as Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller in November 2012. She was sworn into office on Jan. 8, 2013, and was re-elected in 2016 to serve her second 4-year term.
Linda holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) from Hodges University and is a long-time veteran of the Clerk’s office. She has held various leadership positions, including Chief Operating Officer, Information Technology Director, and Courts Department Director. As Clerk, Linda oversees a staff of 340 employees serving a local population of approximately 722,336* county residents.
Over the years, Linda has elevated the office through her commitment to adopting new technologies designed to improve efficiencies and provide greater transparency and accessibility to citizens. Her goal has been to keep costs down while providing quality conveniences to the community.
Service & Appointments:
- Commission Member, Florida Commission on Access to Civil Justice
- Board of Directors, Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
- Technology Committee, Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
- Technology Strategic Planning Committee, Chair, Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
- Performance Improvement & Efficiency Committee, Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation
- Pro Se' Committee, Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
- United Way Board of Directors, Lee County
- Enhanced the Internal Audit Department with Inspector General authority, implemented new software with a risk assessment feature, and provided the ability to anonymously post online comments and tips to the Audit Department;
- Continues to lead initiatives that bring court records into the electronic age by implementing electronic filing, electronic subpoenas, and online viewing;
- Creation of a Matrimonial Room in the Recording Department that provides a low-cost wedding alternative for couples;
- For public convenience, scheduled special Saturday Recording hours to process passports, offer passport photographs, marriage licenses and perform wedding ceremonies;
- Created an office newsletter and established a Facebook page to keep the public informed about new services;
- Presenting free public seminars educating the community on the Clerk of Court duties and the information available on the Clerk’s website.
*United States Census – 2016 Population estimate